REVIEW: The Line

The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)


Mercy Taylor, the youngest member of Savannah’s preeminent witching family, was born without the gift of magic. She is accustomed to coming in a distant second to the minutes older, exquisite and gifted twin she adores.

Aunt Ginny, the family’s matriarch, is murdered which compromises the line that separates humankind from the dark forces that once ruled our realm.
 
Mercy, entangled in the blood magic of a love spell, fighting for her family's trust, and hopelessly without even a smidgen of her own magic, struggles to protect those dearest to her.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book is true Southern gothic wrapped in highfalutin Savannah sass. And, oh, is it wicked! 

If you're not into love triangles, you're probably not into love pentagrams either. Therefore, this might not be the right book for you. It gets a bit saucy with the swapping, if you know what I mean.

Some things were predictable. Other things made me facepalm. 

Overall, it was a very enjoyable and entertaining read.

I feel that the author anchored the story with this first book, and I have even higher hopes for the rest of the series.

Moving right along to...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18803931-the-source

*I purchased this copy myself, and opinions are mine alone.