REVIEW: How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back

How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back (White Trash Zombie, #4)


It’s zombie versus zombie as the Saberton Corporation declares war against the Zombie Mafia, kidnapping several of their party. It falls to Angel to lead the remnants of her gang halfway across the country to claw their way through corporate intrigue, zombie drugs, and undead trafficking to rescue her friends—and expose the traitor responsible for their abduction...

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
So far, this was my least favorite book of the series. Angel was a total wuss for at least 90% of the entire story! Let me be clear: I have no problem with strong female characters also expressing emotion. However, Angel's attitude consistently grated on my nerves. And the shoulder punching! Dear God, the shoulder punching. I thought it would never end! Who does that? Annoying people, that's who.

WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT IT: If you haven't read any of this series, it recaps a lot so is easily read as a stand alone.

WHAT SUCKS ABOUT IT: If you haven't read any of this series, it recaps a lot so is easily read as a stand alone.

There was zero real action until the last quarter of the book. I have always loved the zombie origin concept of this series and especially like the new theory of transformation. There are a few new questions raised, and I'm anxious to see where the author intends to take us. NYC was a welcome change. Now, on to Dallas?

Yes, I will reluctantly read the next in series. Alas, the ending of this one hinted only to increased disappointment. I'm tired of rooting for Angel at this point, and she's gonna have to work hard to win me back!

*I purchased this copy myself, and opinions are mine alone.